Sunday, January 30, 2011

From snow and boots to sunshine and shorts!

What a difference a couple of hours makes. On our way home, we went from a temperature of 34 degrees in Maryland to almost 60 degrees in Georgia. I am definitely a Southern girl. I love the warm weather. Yesterday, Jim and I took a little jaunt in the car, to finish a "book" on CD that we had started on our way up to Bethesda; Marking by Robin Cook. It was a riveting story and we wanted to find out the ending.

Driving down Main Street, Acworth, we departed from the road to investigate others. We wound up on Lake Allatoona and the "Battlefield of Allatoona". Never having been there before, we were delighted to see families in shorts and tank tops high on the hill in front of the lake shore. There were paths for bikers and hikers. Since I had brought my camera, thinking that I would get the barn shot that I had missed on the trip to Maryland, I shot some photos.

Jimmy on the trail


Blessings to you all!

1 comments:

hootnonny said...

It was shirt-sleeve weather here today...just beautiful. Went for a drive too. Found lots to capture, nowhere to park. But I've bookmarked the road for spring!

Post a Comment

 
© Charlotte Wilson
CoffeeShop Designs