Friday, January 14, 2011

Free at last!

This week has been wonderful...an unexpected staycation, because of the snow and ice. Although Jim and Katie have been navigating the roads, there are still a lot of rough patches to watch out for.

Today, we ventured out to Mass at St. Catherine of Siena. It was so good to be in the presence of the Lord again and to receive Holy Communion. I didn't realize how much I missed it for those 4 days. Since the school is closed, the nuns were in attendance.

We have a lot of grocery shopping to do today and I hope that Aldi is open. Being very frugal, we make a lot of our purchases there. They don't carry everything that we want, but have most of what we need. And I am in a cooking mood today. Hmmmm....what should I make? I saw a recipe for Greek meatballs that is served over pasta. Maybe I'll make that. Still need that comfort food in this cold weather. Diet will come next week. LOL

1 comments:

hootnonny said...

Glad your staycation is over! Believe the ice and snow lingered longer there than here in the foothills of the NC Blue Ridge Mountains. The roads are pretty clear, but lots of snow remaining on the ground, making for a lovely landscape.

Post a Comment

 
© Charlotte Wilson
CoffeeShop Designs